We are looking for truly outstanding or innovative work in each of the categories.
You will find more detail on what we are looking for under each heading, but the following applies to all categories:
- Tell the story – build a real picture of the work the team or individual has done.
- Provide evidence and testimonials – robust data which shows the value of your work is crucial, but don’t forget the human side. We want to hear from partners the team or individual has worked with and the people their work has benefitted.
- Don’t count yourself out – you don’t necessarily have to meet every criteria, we’ll judge entries on the basis of the strength of the information presented to us. Think back to the title of the category for the real test on whether you think your work can compete.
- Think ‘so what?’ – telling us how you’ve done something is important, but telling us why it matters is crucial. Always keep the big picture in mind.
- Think of your wider goals – a team or individual’s work can be hugely successful but how has it helped your organisation achieve its wider goals? And how has it made your organisation more efficient and cost effective?
- The awards are about exceptional women in housing, but if your work has supported women we’re really keen to hear how. That’s not essential but could add weight to your submission.